Monday, October 22, 2012

An Email from a Student

One day I was teaching class at the university and noticed someone standing outside of the classroom watching. It's not unusual for people walking by to look in fast. They see a foreign teacher and are like 'wowwwwww.' What was unusual was how long this girl was standing there. I thought for a moment she was a university professor judging my class. I managed not to get too flustered and to continue on teaching (it was the lesson where I brought in a bunch of my clothes to teach clothing, the students loved it and thought it was hilarious that the teacher had brought in her clothes).

It turns out the girl was another university student who has always dreamed of having a foreign teacher but has never had one. She came up to me after class was done and talked to me for a while. I gave her my email, like I do to most of my students, and thought nothing of it.

A week later, after the National Holiday I received the following email from her. I thought it was so sweet of her, not to mention quite funny, so thought I would share it!


"Dear teacher
    Hello,nice to meet you .Do you remember me ?Zoe!Today,i brought a letter to go to listen your lesson(the letter for you ),but so sad ,the teacher wasn't you.I ran to the library and send you this e-mail.
    That day I passed by you class inadvertently and I was absorbed in  your voice .so i have a look,oh,a beautiful foreign teacher, which is my night and day dream .At the first time ,i decided to stand out of the door in order to listen your lesson.I found your lesson was very interesting because everyone was happy to pay attention to your charming voice.
   At that time,i told myself that i must caught this opportunity to introduce myself in English and hold to make friends with you.But when i talked with you face to face ,i felt excited and not quiet result in i forgot how to express what i want to say .However ,making friends with you is really my honor!
   I have some happiness memory in this National vacation,so i want to share with you .During my vacation ,i was going to my friend's home.Wow,that is a quiet beautiful small country.Not only can i see the sun rise and down,dut also can breath the clean air ,listen the voice of the birds and smell fiowers fragrance.My friend's families were very easy-going.They made much tasty food for me and treated me as a member in their family,so i was moved by what they did!In a morning ,i rode a bike in the road and enjoyed the warm snushine.Suddently,many sheep appealled in front of my eyes and  made me surprised.Ha,ha,ha!
  I really felt happy because i can share my experience and feeling with you in English.Yeah,welcome to Guangdong!Wish you safety and happiness!
  love
zoe"

No comments:

Post a Comment