Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Aoqi Frustrations

The living situation here is starting to get on my nerves. And just because I can I'm going to make a list of the things that annoy me:

- People using my things in the fridge. Somebody used all my milk. Not just some of it, but all of it. It shouldn't be a big deal but it's the principle of the matter that really annoys me. They have also been using my butter, which is almost impossible to find here!

- Listening to people fighting and  to TV shows and music past midnight. The walls here are really thin. When people fight or watch TV shows and listen to music, I can hear everything. Even when they Skype I can hear it. It's very annoying, especially when you're trying to sleep because you have a long day of classes the next day. And no, I don't really want to hear you singing Adele day after day.

-Walking down the hall in a towel to use the shower, in front of the other foreign teachers. I don't want to do that. And I'd rather not have a conversation with someone every time I go to the bathroom also, while we're on that topic.

-When the cold water in the shower runs out. Ummm not fun, even in the U.S.

-A dirty kitchen after Jerra and I spent 2+ hours cleaning it with our own cleaning supplies.  Clean up after yourselves! We're all adults. 

-Please close the door when you're peeing. We aren't all guys, and we definitely are not good friends. I don't want to see that stuff. There are certain things that you should just do, closing a door when you pee is one of them.

-People smoking in the hallway when I'm drying my clothes. The whole purpose of cleaning my clothes is for them to smell good, not for them to smell like smoke. Also if you sound like you're coughing up a lung shouldn't you stop smoking?

-A stinky hallway. The people upstairs are drying cabbage. A very Chinese thing to do. And it stinks. Literally stinks. I really wish I didn't have to smell that every time I come back from class.

-Don't send students upstairs to knock on my door if they come early to class. I will come downstairs when I'm ready. I'm perfectly capable of telling the time. And just because the students are early doesn't mean I need to be. According to my clock I still have 10 minutes. 

So there are some pet peeves of mine at the moment. Definitely some things I am NOT going to miss about Aoqi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment