Friday, November 5, 2010

798 and LaBamba Round 1

I went to class and then made a run to the bank. At 1:00pm people that wanted to go to 798 met outside of Shaoyuan. 798 is the art district located in the Northeast side of Beijing. I was pretty grumpy so just kept to myself on the bus ride there. You know those moods where you just don't really feel like talking to anyone?

So we arrived and had a couple of free hours just to wander around. The area consists of art galleries, cafe's, and little shops. It's a really funky area and has some very strange art. We went back to the 'Factory' where our Halloween party had been held. It looked much different during the day. The art was very odd. I took a few pictures of some things. Everyone wandered off while Katie and I were in a store, so we got separated from the group. I bought a bottle opener and this bird cage thing- I felt like it was such a grownup purchase! I was so proud of myself.

Map of 798:

Signs to all the galleries:

Katie's new car!

Wolves outside of the 'factory'

Creepy baby

HAHA

Normal man/toad combination

There's a high chance I'll look like this after China:

Beastly

Hanging on the beach!



So scandalous!

Ahhh! dinosaurs!

So at 4pm we took the bus back to school. I was completely exhausted and had to opt out of going to all-you-can-eat-and-drink in SanLiTun. After resting for a little though I was willing to go to Wudaokou for some Mexican food and strawberry margaritas. Mmmmm. Katie stayed in after her busy week with her parents, but Rachel, Heather, and I went. It was delicious and we got home pretty early.

My purchases (don't you love my great comments?):




LaBamba Round 1:


No comments:

Post a Comment