Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thursdayyyy - Test Dayyyy

Spent the morning in class, and distracting myself from studying. Rachel took the test at 8am and said that it wasn't too bad. That killed any glimmer of hope I had of studying some more. I listened to the texts while editing photos, that totally counts right? (Wow just had an image of my British cousin EJ reading this aloud and completely making fun of how silly American I sound in this blog, OMG!). Katie bought some bread roll things for part of lunch, but then they had this weird filling in so she didn't want them. I tried a little piece, it was not good, and then there was a piece of black wire in it!!!!! So disgusting!

The exam really wasn't that bad. He repeated everything twice, and the texts were all ones we had seen in class/were in our textbook. We had to listen to 10 sentences and write them in characters, listen to a brief dialogue and answer a question, and then listen to two longer passages and answer questions about them.

After class I had some Bailey's and hot chocolate, so yummy. We all got dressed up because we had dinner with Katie's parents at a peking duck restaurant- the best.

So we took the subway to Wangfujing, which was where the duck restaurant that we went to with Rachel's parents was, but turns out that was the wrong place! We assumed it was that one because 1) the name was the same as the place we were going, and 2) Katie's parents were staying at a hotel near Wangfujing. So we had to take a cab to this completely different area, and we were about 45 minutes late, ooops. Apparently there are 15 duck restaurants in Beijing with the same name, how are we supposed to know that?

The meal was absolutely delicious of course. I love eating the super fatty pieces, so yummy. Plus they had Kongpow chicken, green beans, and all this other delicious food. Katie had to say bye to her parents when we left- sad! They're off to Xi'An and Shanghai next. When we were getting in the cab to go back home (very kindly payed for by Mr. Lotz), an old lady came up to me asking for money. I really had no money on me, and was in the process of providing everyone with gum, so I gave her a piece of gum. I thought she was going to be super offended, and immediately regretted doing it. However, she was really excited and three of her friends came over. I gave them all a piece and they were so happy! It was by far one of my favourite moments in Beijing. They were just so curious about this tiny pink square! It made my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment