Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 50: Ha Long Bay

-After a surprisingly nice breakfast of toast and eggs, the day was spent relaxing and having fun. Marco went out with some Canadian guys to watch some wakeboarding while I read my book. After lunch we both went tubing. It was a super weird three person tube where you actually sit like your lounging in a beach chair. I managed to stay on despite the crazy fast speed but my arms were dead afterwards.


-We both had a try at rock climbing. Marco did really well and got super high up there, I on the other hand made it about 2 meters off of the ground before stopping. My arms were tired from tubing!
Later on it started to pour with rain so a bunch of us decided to swim out to the pontoon. I wish I could have taken a picture because it was so surreal being in a torrential down pour in the middle of Ha Long Bay. The rain was pretty cold so once you finally jumped in it felt like jumping into a warm bath.


-Later that night another group arrived so we all were acquainted through drinking games, naturally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment