Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 60-66: Staying with the McFarlanes

For five nights I stayed with Lynne and Duncan and their two boys Jamie and Ian. I had never met Jamie and Ian before but they were the most welcoming, talkative, lively boys. They accepted me straight away and within five minutes were showing me their TinTin books and lego.

Jamie and Ian:

Over the week we did a lot of swimming at the pool close by. Luckily for me I had the excuse of taking the boys to swimming lessons, when I got to lay poolside and do nothing. We also went to see Brave, which made poor Jamie cry, but was a great movie overall. We visited the Aberdeen Marina Club, where my family and I used to go when I was little. The outside looked the same but the inside had been completely revamped. We ate at the Italian restaurant there one night where I had some delicious gnocchi. Lynne also kindly treated me to a haircut, which I desperately needed.

The view from Lynne and Duncans:

 The Adventure Zone in the Marina Club:


We prepared for a typhoon on Friday but it turned out to be a measly T3 so nothing to worry about. I even got burned at the pool that day!

Some random footage of the typhoon coming in:

There was a bit of a freakout on my part when I found out my original plan of getting my visa in Hong Kong wasn't going to work and I would have to ship all my stuff to the US. Of course I only found this out on Friday, which left me full of worry the whole weekend. Hopefully it will all work itself out though!

I had such a lovely time with the McFarlanes and was so thankful for them letting me stay with them for that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment