Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 54: Hoi An Day 4


-In the morning we went back to Yaly Couture for some more suit fittings. It’s amazing how fast they work. Already a suit and shirt were ready for trying on and the tailor was there to look for any adjustments that were needed. I did a little shopping when this was going on.

-After lunch we walked around the old town for a little bit, stopping at the famous Japanese Bridge. I went to Hoi An once when I was 11 and have a picture with all my siblings. The town was flooded when I came that time. It’s funny to go back now, ten years later. We also walked around the vegetable market and the river by the old town.

 By the Japanese Bridge now:

10 Years ago:

The vegetable market:

-In the afternoon Marco somehow convinced me to rent motorbikes to go to the beach and marble mountain. I was super skeptical since I had never ridden one before. However, I loved it and had so much fun. The most nerve wrecking part was at the very beginning when I was just learning, which is also the busiest part. Once you have the hang of it it’s super easy (well, if you have an automatic). By the end I was approaching 90km at my fastest. I didn’t dare venture past that. The good thing about riding a motorbike to the beach instead of a bike was being able to stop further away from all the tourists on a deserted part of the beach. It was so beautiful and relaxing and I can honestly say I am happy Marco convinced me to rent them.

Marco in front of Marble Mountain:

At our deserted beach:



View on the way home:

-In the evening we walked around the old part of town looking at all the beautiful lanterns for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment