Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 66-72: The Rest of Hong Kong

The rest of my time in Hong Kong was a blur. I stayed at the Jack's house for five nights. I was super lazy and was spoiled with Sarah's big comfy bed. Their rescue dog Charlie warmed up to me by the end of my stay, even allowing me to pet him. I tried lying on the beach (which was swarmed with Chinese tourists) and going on a run, but it was so hot outside the best option was lying in the room with some air conditioning.

I met up with two friends from elementary school, one of whom I hadn't seen in over eleven years! It was so fun reminiscing about the stupid things we used to do and what everyone is up to now. We also went out later that night meeting up with a few more people from the past.

Morgan and I. I hadn't seen him since we were 10 or 11 years old!

After my visa freakout I decided the best thing was for me to send my passport back to the US to get it. I went into Central early one morning to send it and its due to arrive the day before I leave for China! Fingers crossed.

Lynne and Duncan were kind enough to have me back after staying at the Jacks. They spoiled me rotten with some last home-cooked Western meals. I read to and was read to by Jamie and Ian, the cutest little boys. Other than that I just lounged around until my very flight to Shanghai.

Another gorgeous view from the MacFarlanes:

I had a great time in Hong Kong being lazy and catching up with some old friends. Now I'm just ready to unpack a bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment