Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Final Shop: 家乐福

Yet again had our lovely 8am classes. In 口语 our teacher gave us a food that is a specialty in Beijing. I'm not exactly sure what it was, it was flavoured powder that came in a rectangular packet? But it was delicious! I loved it. No one else really did, but I could eat it for days. The guy from Iceland didn't want his so he gave it to me, it was awesome.

Came home and skyped with Marco while eating my powder. I really want to bring some of it back to the U.S. but I'm scared they'll think it's some kind of drug. Anyway, had some noodles for lunch, then made a shopping list for the (hopefully) final shop at Carrefour! Katie and I left and took the subway there.

We made a slight detour and stopped at H&M. To be fair, I stupidly only packed one long sleeved shirt for the whole time I'm in China, two pairs of pants, and one thin sweater? I don't know what on earth I was thinking. I bought two sweaters and some leggings. Both much needed, practically necessary.

At 家乐福 (Carrefour) I bought some socks and underwear, which I also under-packed, surprise. Note: sizes in China are tiny! I bought a large in both socks and underwear, thinking that would be about right, no it's a little too small! But they'll do. Other things I stocked up on: noodles, peanut butter, cereal, gum, face wipes, powder (so good!), water, glue, and a thermal shirt. Hopefully I will not have to return for the rest of my time in China.

We finally made it home. Lugging those big things of water around is not easy! I was exhausted afterwards and counted that as my workout for the day. For dinner we grabbed some 蔬菜包子, yum yum. Then I came back home, skyped, tried to catch up on things, and studied.

No comments:

Post a Comment