Monday, September 6, 2010

Beijing! Day 1

-We arrive at BEIJING!!

- A man is there to pick us up, we trust his sign. Katie goes and buys a phone card and exchanges money, while I sit around lazily. Then we get a cab to the West Gate of Peking University!

-Lug around our luggage looking for the sign in desk, which we finally found. We are given bananas and snickers, it makes my day. Also receive a 'My Clear Bag' full of oodles of information.
-We are lead to Shaoyuan #9, the dorm building. Katie and I are roommates, yesssssss! No need for my fake breakdown into tears and sobs.

-Went and found an ATM, and bought some Subway for lunch (the sandwiches are premade here, and full of mayo and pickles...). We sat outside the dorm hoping we'd run into some more people from the program.  Not very successful.

-Came back to the room and unpacked. We eventually heard some voices in the hall and met tons of people in the program! It's really cool because I never really had the typical dorm experience since I lived in suite freshman year and a frat last year. We met our new BFF Rachel.

-We all went to a noodle place on campus for dinner. It was super cheap, only 5RMB! About 80 cents. Of course I had no idea what I was ordering and kind of just had to point at something.

-Afterwards us dorm people went and hung out for a little, but since almost everyone was jet lag, and we were sleep deprived, we all went to bed relatively early.

No comments:

Post a Comment