Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday: Grandma's Kitchen and Zoo Market

-I slept in till 10am today! So so nice. Once we rallied the troops Heather, Rachel, Katie and I took a cab to Wudaokou. The traffic was insane!! Everyone here just honks their horns nonstop. Literally nonstop. I feel like they do it just to spite the people walking. Like 'hey, look! I have a car, you don't!' And they just hold the horns down so it goes on forever!

-We went to this place named Grandma's Kitchen for lunch. It was set up by an American Grandma who lived in Beijing. So American food, and big portions of it. I had a bacon and cheese omelette, hash browns and toast. It was heaven. I even knew how to ask the fuwuyuan (waiter) for the maidan (check). Wooo.

-After our brunch, more lunch, we took the Subway over to the Beijing Zoo. We were a little too tired to hit up the zoo so are leaving that for another day. Instead we went to the massive building across the street, which happened to be 5 or 6 floors of a giant market. It was so busy. I swear all everyone does here is shop. And the clothes! The clothes are just so funny sometimes. I can't wait to come back to the U.S. with a new costume collection. After 45 minutes of wandering we were exhausted and took the subway back to school.

-I just sent postcards finally and took a very long nap. It was the best. Plans for the night? Yet to be determined. Hopefully it will be more successful than last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment