Monday, September 6, 2010

Beijing: Sunday September 5th (Day 3)

-Woke up super, super early, like 7am. I was totally still out of it. Skyped with Marco briefly but we then had to leave.

-Took the bus over the the Forbidden City. It was incredibly busy, and I was so tired (aka hungover) I just was cranky and hot the whole time. It was really cool though visiting it again. I remember visiting it when I was 10 and loving it! We couldn't hear our tourguide at all though. He was going on about how there were 9,999.5 rooms. If you took a baby and he slept in a different room every night, he would be 27 by the time he had slept in them all. Crazy!

Forbidden City:



-Walked over to Tiananmen Square. It was pretty cool, a little overrated. Although maybe I was just grumpy.

Travis, Rachel, and Katie at Tiananmen Square:

-Finally headed back home and had McDonald's for lunch. Can't even remember the last time I had McDonald's in the U.S. But it was sooooo good!

-Proceeded to take a three hour nap back home.

-Woke up and went to the dining hall. Managed to order some LoMein and this really good roll thing.

-Came back home and tried to study for our placement test, it was unsuccessful. I ended up just passing out and talking to Erika online.

No comments:

Post a Comment