Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Sept 13th: Class and Frustration

-Had two lovely 8am classes. Nothing noteworthy happened, except I again realized that I cannot speak Chinese.

-Tried to put laundry in at the dorm. We had to ask for help, turns out we were just trying to put the card in upside down. We're smart. Also I failed at actually putting one of the machines on. We took the laundry out and were like "that's so weird that it's already dry!"

-Had some danchowfan (fried rice) for lunch. Mmmmm.

-Visited the CIEE office and learnt 1. They still didn't know if we could switch classes, 2. It was silly that I sent medicine to myself, since it takes forever to go through Chinese customs, 3. Do NOT send your laptop  to China through the mail. They will do a bunch of tests on it and charge you 1000RMB (~$150).

-After doing some homework and taking my daily nap (I can't get through the day without it or lots of caffeine), we headed to the gym. I felt totally awesome because I ran 2.75 miles and wasn't even tired! That never happens to me in the U.S. Then Katie and I came to the realization that the distance was in kilometers, not miles. Bummer.

-Had some more baozi for dinner, also my favourite. Learnt that Heather and Rachel's three hour class got out in 30 minutes! So not fair. Our Chinese Government and Politics one looks so intense!

-Still no news about our packages. Frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment