Monday, September 6, 2010

Night Bus to Cambodia

So I am very, very behind. Sorry about that. To make up for it I'll write in bullet points!

-Katie, four other people from the hostel, and I walked to the where the bus was waiting- carrying our bags on our stomachs since apparently people steal them from motorcycles?

-Took two advil PM and passed out.

-Woke up a few times, we were stopped for some reason, maybe at the border?

-Ate my mini french bread roll, did not fill me up.

-Had to change bus since we were going to Siem Reap and not Phnom Penh

-Passed out some more.

-Once we arrived someone had a sign with our names on it! Yay!

-But no, turns out a guy from the bus company was scamming us. He had called up his friend, and told him our names. We were offered a free ride to the hostel but wanted to talk to us about our plans to see the temples. Well, after 14 hours of not eating, and a restless night on the bus, thinking about tomorrow was the last thing on our minda. The TukTuk driver refused to leave the hostel so the managers had to come out and make him leave. It was a scene let me tell you.

-While unpacking I realized my bag had been broken into. It was locked but someone had snapped the zipper. My cell phone was missing, great. I'm just happy they didn't take my laptop!

- Proceeded to manage to lock myself in the bathroom. Yay. All the hotel staff had to come and try help me get out. It wasn't working. I kept thinking about all these awful scenarios about how they'd have to feed me with a straw through the door. The hinges were on the inside too, there was nothing they could do! Then I realized I hadn't tried pushing the door while unlocking it, that worked.

-Walked into down and ate a massive lunch out of starvation.

-Finally sent some washing to get done!

-Went to the Old Market, bought a watch, bracelet, and fan (they have really cool ones in Cambodia).

-Had the best pizza ever, and some ice cream sundaes - we deserved it after such a stressful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment