Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday September 17th: Train to Henan

-After two morning classes I discovered my new favourite food on campus. Taiwanese pancakes. It's a thick pancakey thing with egg, bacon, and cheese (well you can choose what's inside, I choose this). Unfortunately you can't use your meal card there and it's a little more pricey than other food on campus. It's 8.5 yuan, that's about $1.25. But oh my gosh it is delicious.

-Took a nap since we didn't get back till quite late the night before. Grabbed some dinner at the dining hall. Then packed our bags for the weekend.

-On the train we were in soft sleepers luckily. Also Rachel, Heather, Katie and I all managed to be in the same room. Also a plus. All the locals literally stood in a jam packed line and then sprinted to the train when we started boarding. It was crazy!

Rachel on the train:

Our room:

No comments:

Post a Comment