Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday September 28th: 60th Anniversary Show

List of things I did today:

-Had Hanyu and Kouyu classes. Fun, fun.

-Grabbed a jianbing for lunch.

-Did some lazing around.

-Went to the gym, woooo.

-Met with our tutor and did our homework.

-Went to the 60th Anniversary Show- it's the 60th anniversary of international students at Peking University. We were told today in class to meet at 6:15pm at our classroom. Then at 7:30pm we were still waiting for the show to start. And we hadn't eaten dinner, it was awful. But, eventually the show started. It was pretty cool.

There were a bunch of dances with local students and foreign students, kind of celebrating each others cultures. This one guy sang a Chinese song and it was amazing! It literally sounded like he was singing opera. Of course the whole song basically went like "我爱你中国!我爱你中国!" (I love you China! I love you China!).

The theater with super crazy lights:

Liz, Rachel, Alec, Katie, and Patrick (hiding):

60 years!

Opening number (the guys in the white cracked me up like no other):

"I throw my hands up in the air sometimes..."

Wooo! We're all different!

Chinese opera, so beautiful to the ears:

Dragons!

More opera:

Wow! Look at us all!

Opera singing man:

After several dances, and a couple of skits that I couldn't understand at all (they were all in very fast Chinese)- the Koreans sitting in front of us thought they were hilarious, I'll take their word? Actions? Reactions?- we left at 8:30 due to a deathly hunger brewing in my stomach. Katie and I power walked over to the baozi place to grab dinner. We were so hungry we ate them on the way back home.

Proceeded to spend the night doing homework, skyping with Marco. Our textbooks came with CD's which I imported into my iTunes library, so now I can be super nerdy and listen to the texts!

No comments:

Post a Comment