Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday September 24th: Karaoke

-After our two morning classes I came back to the room and took a nap. I was feeling super out of it. Ate some peanut butter which probably helped. I've had 2 jars since I've been here.

-Around 2pm Heather, Rachel, Katie, and I (I'm just going to refer to us as us-four from now on). So us-four took a cab to Wudaokou to book our trip for fall break. Not this upcoming week but the week after we have no classes. A lot of people are traveling to far away places in China, but we decided to do a four-day trip to Inner Mongolia. I'm super excited, we get to ride camels and horses, and sleep in a yurt on the Mongolian plains! Also, we used Chinese to book the tour, I was proud of us.

-We then went to do a big shop at Carrefour. We stocked up on everything- shampoo, conditioner, cereal, snacks, peanut butter, waters, instant noodles etc. Hopefully we won't have to go back for a month or two. We took a cab back to the dorms because of all our heavy stuff. Fun fact: in China they don't give you bags at stores, you have to bring your own with you or buy one.

-Relaxed for a little bit, then got ready to go out to Karaoke!

-Karaoke was awesome. There was about 20 of us from our program. The machine was in Chinese so it was difficult to find the song you wanted to sing, but we did it. Sang some Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, Lady Gaga, Backstreet Boys, all the good classics. Some people sang Chinese songs, I did not. Of course Katie was karaoke superstar- Heather and I couldn't tell if they were playing music or if Katie was singing.

-Went to Wudaokou for a little bit afterwards. Headed back home and had McDonalds, again. It was sooooooo awfully good. I figured out they rip you off on the meals! If you just don't get a drink it's cheaper and you get more fries! I also learnt how to say BBQ Sauce in Chinese from the cashier, but I don't remember. I was too excited about my fries and nuggets.

No comments:

Post a Comment